Friday 28 March 2008

Radio Guffaw



I really felt for newsreader Charlotte Green this morning. I occasionally bumped into her when I was on the overnight BBC newsdesk at Television Centre and I always felt she was a true professional.

But her corpsing during the 8am bulletin on the Today programme is the funniest thing I've heard in years.

Charlotte had been put off after reading the previous news item about the first recording of a human voice, singing Au Clair de la Lune.

Apparently while the clip was playing, someone whispered into her headphones that it sounded like a "bee buzzing in a bottle."

The way she tried to regain her composure and carry on is truly historic.

I'm sure her first response was to be mortified but she shouldn't be.
Charlotte, you've put a smile on millions of weary faces this morning. Thank you.

If you missed it, you can listen to it here.

No comments: