Monday 16 March 2009

A Hull of a Year (sorry)

I'm off running again. I did 10k yesterday - the first part of the London Marathon as I live in Greenwich.

I've been working quite late with Go Fourth and not been eating healthily. As such I've picked up what my mates in Hull describe as love panelling.

As I was running and wheezing round Woolwich I looked at the date on my watch and I realised it was a year to the day my last run ended.

I really can't believe it's been a year. It was a great experience but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. It took a good few weeks to get over it. Although defeat is something I've tasted for many years as a city supporter, it was still hard not to think of myself as a loser. It took over my life for the best part of six months.Roz was a saint dealing with me.

But looking back on the year that followed, I set up Go Fourth, delivered some great campaigns for my old consultancy, became Chair of Governors of my local secondary, set up my new company and more importantly became a dad to be (baby due on Phil Brown's 50th!)

So in looking back, I wasn't the loser I thought I was after all.

No comments: