Wednesday 11 June 2008

Montague - you're fired!


I can't believe what I've just heard on the Today show!

I, like millions of others, have been looking forward to tonight's Apprentice final. It's been a pretty good series this year and now we're down to the final four - personally I hope Lee gets it.

So Sir Alan was duly lined up for a live two-way with Sarah Montague.

A lively chat ensued but right at the end she asked him: "Since it's recorded can you tell us that you've picked XXXX?"

Well done!

I've spent the last 10 weeks gleefully watching Sir Alan ruthlessly dispatch hopeless wannabes one-by-one ("When it comes to sale, I think I'm probably the best in Europe" - classic), all leading up to tonight's eagerly anticipated final and Montague has just blown if for hundreds of thousands of Today listeners.

Even if XXXX hasn't won, my enjoyment has been ruined because I'm going to have it in the back of the mind throughout the whole show.

I don't want to spoil it for you but if you really want to know, then you can listen to the interview on the Today website.

What are you going to do for an encore, Sarah? Hang around Hamleys at Christmas and sidle up to wide-eyed children to tell them Santa doesn't exist?

No comments: